Transport Strikes in Italy
Please be informed that starting from Monday, 14 March 2022, due to Force Majeure, there will be a total suspension of the road haulage – Expected end still not confirmed.
Said decision has been taken due to various reasons, as stated here below:
– increase of fuel cost (approx. 25%).
– contractual renewal of the category (approx. 5%).
– increase of cost referred the waiting time for gate in/gate out.
– increase of cost on highway roads.
– lack of drivers within the country.
For a few months now, due to the COVID national rules, there has been several difficulties in finding drivers / transporters. Starting on Monday, the drivers’ strike began due to the heavy fuel cost increase. It will not be generalised but currently it seems the 40% of them are involved. The situation is getting more and more complicated, especially for LCL and FCL haulage shipments.